Linksys app is used to manage your Linksys Velop mesh WiFi system. Whether you are accessing the Linksys app from your home or outside, accessing the Linksys smart WiFi tools via the app will remain at your fingertips. But, what if the Linksys app started giving you trouble? Yes! If the Linksys app stops working for you all of sudden, you may bump into many big issues. But, if you are on this blog, it indicates something good. Over here, we are going to provide you the topmost and effective solutions following which dealing with “Linksys app not working” issue will be as fun as enjoying a weekend with friends for you. So, without any further delay, let’s help you to get the issue fixed at hand. Stay positive and let’s start over!
Troubleshooting Linksys App Not Working
Restart Your Linksys and Smartphone
First and foremost, there is a possibility that your smartphone and your Linksys Velop have become a victim of some technical glitches due to which it is not letting the app to work for you smoothly. Perhaps your smartphone and Linksys Velop mesh system need some rest as you have been using them for too long.
Thus, consider power cycling (restarting) your devices right away. How? By applying the instructions provided below in the exact order as they are given, Continue reading!
- Turn off your smartphone by pressing and holding its power button.Click on shut down. Turn it on after a short while.
- Thereafter, apply the same process on your Linksys Velop as well by unplugging it from the wall socket, waiting for a couple of seconds, and then plugging it back in again.
After you reboot or power cycle your Linksys Velop and smartphone, try to run the Linksys app again to see if the process has helped you out or not.
In the event that the issue continues to trouble you, move on to the next hack highlighted below.
Update the Linksys App
Maybe you haven’t updated your Linksys app and due to that, it is not working for you. So, to get the issue fixed and to make the most out of your Linksys app, update it right away. If you ignore updating the app, then know that, older version of the app will surely give you non-working issue in future as well. So, updating the app will be better.
Apart from this, you can also clear the app’s cache. Yes, that’s correct! Cache stored in the app may lead to “Linksys app not working” issue. Why does the cache gets stored? Due to excessive usage!
Use the Correct Login Details
Clearing the app’s cache doesn’t work for you so far? In that case, make sure that you have used the correct Linksys Velop login details to access the app. This can be one of the possible fixes to get rid of “Linksys app not working” issue. However, even if after using the correct Linksys Velop login email ID (username) and password, the app is still not working for you, we still have one of the most effective hacks. To get it, you have to head towards the next section.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Linksys App
Now, what you have to do to get rid of “Linksys app not working” issue is to:
- Uninstall the Linksys app from your smartphone
- After uninstalling the app, you have to update the software of your smartphone if there is a need. And, if the software of our smartphone is already up-to-date, ignore this step and jump to the next one.
- Clear all the unwanted and unnecessary data, files, images, videos, etc. from your smartphone. Doing so will allow the Linksys app to work effortlessly for you.
- Once you are done with all the above-mentioned points, restart your smartphone once again.
- After the smartphone boots up properly, get access to your internet connection. Make sure you are active on a faster internet connection. Bear in mind, slow internet may also lead to “Linksys app not working” issue.
- Navigate to App Store or Play Store and download the correct version of the Linksys app.
- Install it on your smartphone and sign in to it using the correct Linksys Velop login details.
And, there you are! You have successfully accessed the Linksys app. We hope that the app is working perfectly fine for you. If yes, then log in to it and get ready to enjoy the Linksys smart WiFi tools from anywhere remotely.
Did this post help you to make the Linksys app running for you?