Even the internet dead zone in the house comes to life when an individual performs Netgear Orbi setup in the house. But, to do a successful setup of the mesh WiFi system, he/she needs to pair the host router and satellite. Some users excel at the same whereas some suck at it and conclude that they are facing the Orbi satellite not connecting to the router issue. Well, it simply means that the pairing process between both devices has failed. It occurs because the user forgets to sync his Orbi router and satellite. However, if he somehow fulfills the requirement of establishing the router-satellite sync, he does not know how to add a satellite to the router. We’ve got you covered in both lots. Walk through this post and fill your brain with enough knowledge regarding the Orbi satellite and router pair.
How to Sync Orbi Router and Satellite?
Syncing the Orbi router and satellite is quite simple. And there’s a possibility that successfully syncing both devices will help you pair them. Listed below are the steps you are required to follow to sync your Orbi networking devices:
- Firstly, plug in your WiFi router to a well-working power socket and switch it on.
- Now, locate a power socket within the router and plug your satellite into it.
- Are the LED lights on your WiFi devices stable? If yes, follow the next step.
- Locate the Sync button on your Orbi devices and push them one by one.
- Sync between the router and satellite will get established.
Now that your Orbi devices are synced you can proceed to the next section and learn how to add a satellite to the WiFi network. You can either take the help of the Orbi mobile application or the orbilogin.com web address for the same. However, we’ve highlighted the steps via the mobile app.
Steps to Add Satellite to Orbi Network
- Ensure that your Orbi devices are getting enough electricity from their wall sockets.
- Launch the Orbi app and locate the Menu icon.
- Tapping the Menu icon will reveal a list of options.
- Select the Add a Satellite option.
- Walk through the on-screen prompts.
This is how you can add the Orbi satellite to the home network and pair it with the main router. Just in case you fail to do so, refer to the tips highlighted in the next section.
Fixed: Orbi Satellite Won’t Pair to Router
- Your Orbi devices might be refusing to get paired because you have placed them too far. Perhaps, you’ve placed them in two different corners of the house. FYI, for the best performance of the mesh WiFi system, your Orbi devices need to be located close to each other. Else, the satellite won’t be able to trace the router’s signals.
- The second reason why your Orbi satellite won’t pair or connect to the router is the improper location. It seems that your WiFi devices are not placed in a zero-interference zone. If this is true, then without wasting a minute, move your range extender to a new location. The location should be free of signal-interfering entities.
- Restarting your Orbi router can also help you make it a successful pair with the satellite. Just in case you are wondering what good will a restart do, then know that it will kick out all technical glitches. So, consider unplugging your router for a while and connecting it back to the socket after enough rest.
- In case you are still unable to pair the Orbi satellite to the router then walk through the second section again and sync them again. Perhaps, you did not press the Sync button properly. You can also consider connecting your WiFi devices using an Ethernet cable for proper signal transmission.
The Concluding Thought
That’s all about what to do if your Orbi satellite won’t pair to the host router. With all this, you also learned how to add Orbi satellite to the home network and sync it with the router. Now, we are expecting that you’ve successfully paired both devices. However, if it is still not happening, consider accessing the Netgear Orbi login page and updating the router’s firmware.
Know that you also have the option of resetting the router and configuring it from scratch if every step taken by you have gone down the drain. In case you are unfamiliar with the router setup process, the user manual will help you out.